The omnibus bill includes provisions that improve the business environment and facilitate entrepreneurship, Alternate Economy Minister Alexis Charitsis said on Thursday during a debate in parliamentary committees on the prior actions.
“Our goal is to increase business compliance, protect the public interest and businesses against unfair competition, and ensure the smooth functioning of the market and the business environment,” he said.
Charitsis cited the implementation of a licensing law, saying businesses will be able to start their operation with a simple online application.
“This ensures more effectively the public interest and at the same time facilitates businesses, by drastically reducing the time, cost and bureaucracy for licensing,” he added.
- Northern Greece’s indigenous oil variety ‘Makri’ to receive PDO status in coming months
- Hellenic Seaways finalizes decision to scrapThessaloniki-Sporades islands sea route in the summer
- Intracom Telecom enters into strategic partnership with Furakawa Electric LatAm S.A
- Probe ordered into deaths of two women in maternity hospitals
- Michalos: More incentives, reforms necessary for Greek economy’s sustainability