Bookings for the Ionian islands for 2018 are running to double-digit numbers this year, deputy regional governor Spyros Galiatsatos told the Athens-Macedonian News Agency (ANA).
The news from the tourist exhibition “Vakantiebeurs” 2018 in Utrecht are very positive for the Ionian islands, Galiatsatos said in a post on social media, adding that the optimistic outlook for 2018 is being confirmed by TUI officials also.
At the same time, TUI travel agency expressed interest in financially supporting luxury accomodation investments at the Ionian islands.
- New budget resources to meet new EU challenges
- Turkish President Erdogan says he is sending exploration ship into east Mediterranean
- Members of PAME damaged part of fence around Piraeus port, security officials say
- Niarchos Foundation to sign agreement with gov’t over health services
- Afghan migrant killed in car accident in in the new port of Patras