Bookings for the Ionian islands for 2018 are running to double-digit numbers this year, deputy regional governor Spyros Galiatsatos told the Athens-Macedonian News Agency (ANA).
The news from the tourist exhibition “Vakantiebeurs” 2018 in Utrecht are very positive for the Ionian islands, Galiatsatos said in a post on social media, adding that the optimistic outlook for 2018 is being confirmed by TUI officials also.
At the same time, TUI travel agency expressed interest in financially supporting luxury accomodation investments at the Ionian islands.
- Northern Greece’s indigenous oil variety ‘Makri’ to receive PDO status in coming months
- Hellenic Seaways finalizes decision to scrapThessaloniki-Sporades islands sea route in the summer
- Intracom Telecom enters into strategic partnership with Furakawa Electric LatAm S.A
- Probe ordered into deaths of two women in maternity hospitals
- Michalos: More incentives, reforms necessary for Greek economy’s sustainability