New car sales grew 11.7 pct in 2017 compared with the previous year, totaling 88,083 cars from 78,873 in 2016, official figures showed on Wednesday.
A report by the Association of Car Importers/Dealers said that new car registrations grew 13.2 pct in December 2017, compared with the same month in 2016. New truck sales grew 19 pct in 2017, while new bus sales eased 0.5 pct in the year. The Association said that the Greek car market remained on a growth course for the fourth successive year, but remained significantly lower (-67.3 pct) in comparison with the 2000-2009 average.
- New budget resources to meet new EU challenges
- Turkish President Erdogan says he is sending exploration ship into east Mediterranean
- Members of PAME damaged part of fence around Piraeus port, security officials say
- Niarchos Foundation to sign agreement with gov’t over health services
- Afghan migrant killed in car accident in in the new port of Patras