New car sales grew 11.7 pct in 2017 compared with the previous year, totaling 88,083 cars from 78,873 in 2016, official figures showed on Wednesday.
A report by the Association of Car Importers/Dealers said that new car registrations grew 13.2 pct in December 2017, compared with the same month in 2016. New truck sales grew 19 pct in 2017, while new bus sales eased 0.5 pct in the year. The Association said that the Greek car market remained on a growth course for the fourth successive year, but remained significantly lower (-67.3 pct) in comparison with the 2000-2009 average.
- Northern Greece’s indigenous oil variety ‘Makri’ to receive PDO status in coming months
- Hellenic Seaways finalizes decision to scrapThessaloniki-Sporades islands sea route in the summer
- Intracom Telecom enters into strategic partnership with Furakawa Electric LatAm S.A
- Probe ordered into deaths of two women in maternity hospitals
- Michalos: More incentives, reforms necessary for Greek economy’s sustainability