Industrial production grew 0.8 pct in November 2017, with manufacturing production rising 0.2 pct in the month, Hellenic Statistical Authority said on Tuesday.
The statistics service, in a monthly report, said that the industrial production composite index rose 0.8 pct in November compared with the same month in 2016, after a 2.1 pct increase recorded in the 2016/2015 period. This development was attributed to a 0.2 pct increase in manufacturing production (oil/coal +7.1 pct, pharmaceuticals up 10.7 pct, computer/electronic/optical products up 14.8 pct and machinery and equipment up 12.4 pct) and a 6.5 pct increase in electricity production. On the other hand, production fell 8.4 pct in mining and 4.2 pct in water.
The average composite index in the January-November period was up 4.4 pct compared with the same period in 2016.
- Northern Greece’s indigenous oil variety ‘Makri’ to receive PDO status in coming months
- Hellenic Seaways finalizes decision to scrapThessaloniki-Sporades islands sea route in the summer
- Intracom Telecom enters into strategic partnership with Furakawa Electric LatAm S.A
- Probe ordered into deaths of two women in maternity hospitals
- Michalos: More incentives, reforms necessary for Greek economy’s sustainability