A record number of 227 films applied to take part in Drama’s 41st Greek Short Film Festival set to take place in September, organisers said on Friday.
“This increase in numbers reflects the existing and obviously urgent need of Greek cinematography to express parts of the Greek community, taking advantage of the quick reflexes that only a short film can have” said organisers in a statement.
Out of the 227 films submitted, 183 are fiction, 24 are documentaries, 17 are experimental and three are animated movies. The films that will qualify for the festival will be announced by the end of June. The film festival will take place September 17-22.
- ND: A sad day for Greece and day of shame for Tsipras and Kammenos
- KKE: Greece-FYROM agreement the product of EU, NATO intervention
- Former Independent Greeks spokesperson Papadopoulou retires from politics
- Nimetz: Tsipras and Zaev displayed political courage and strategic vision
- Mogherini: We thank both sides because they made us proud as Europeans