The Central Archaeological Council (CAC) approved a request by “Zeus + Dione”, a Greek clothes designing company with international sales, to present its collection at the courtyard and stairs at the entrance of the Herod Atticus theatre on April 2.
The company, founded by Mareva Grabowski, spouse of the main opposition leader Kyriakos Mitsotakis, and Dimitra Kolotoura, will hold its show as part of the 23rd Athens Xclusive Designers Week (AXDW) that will be taking place at Zappion Hall from March 29 to April 1.
An initial request by AXDW for the theatre itself as a venue was rejected by CAC, which said in its final decision for the courtyard that the design company has an established presence in the fashion sector, its motifs are inspired by ancient Greek mythology and culture, and it promotes Greek tradition and heritage.
The event will seat 150-200 on either side of a circular catwalk and will include live harp music. It will start at 12:30, with the fashion show lasting 20-30 minutes and the event a total of 2 hours.
CAC’s requirements included light structures for the event, restrictions on the tonnage of trucks used to transport material, and a fee for the archaeological publications and appropriations fund of 1,760 euros.
- Folli Follie asks Capital Market Commission to suspend trading of its shares
- Athens Newspapers Headlines: Friday 25/05 edition
- We are working for an increase in minimum wage, Labour Min Achtsioglou says
- Greek stocks end at lowest level since mid-December 2017
- Gov’t should call national elections, main opposition party reiterates