Cosco received three new super-post panamax cranes at its container terminal in Piraeus that will help increase the rate of loading and unloading containers on and off ships.
The three container cranes were delivered by heavy-lift ship “Zhen Hua 25” and will be set up at the eastern part of Pier III.
Piraeus port is ranked 7th out of the 20 largest ports of Europe, and its container traffic soared over 4.057 TEUs in 2017. It also rose by six ranks to 38th in Lloyd’s List “Global PortsTop 100”, from 44th in 2016.
Following the works at Pier III expected to be completed early in 2019, the total capacity of Piers I, II and III will rise to 7.2 million TEUs.
- ND: A sad day for Greece and day of shame for Tsipras and Kammenos
- KKE: Greece-FYROM agreement the product of EU, NATO intervention
- Former Independent Greeks spokesperson Papadopoulou retires from politics
- Nimetz: Tsipras and Zaev displayed political courage and strategic vision
- Mogherini: We thank both sides because they made us proud as Europeans