National Bank of Greece (NBG) is set to launch next month its own online platform to auction off property, following in the steps of the country’s largest lender, Piraeus Bank, said George Frangou, head of group real estate at NBG, on Tuesday.
Last year, Piraeus Bank was the first lender in the country to launch its own online property auctions via properties4sale.gr for assets tied to non performing loans.
Speaking at the RED Business Form, Frangou said that work is being done on NBG’s platform and that it will be completed soon.
Piraeus Bank sells about 300 properties per year via properties4sale.gr, according to officials at the lender.
- Athens Newspapers Headlines: Tuesday 22/05 edition
- Commission spokesperson: Attack against Mayor Boutaris ‘shameless and unethical’
- Rouvikonas storms Council of State, minor damages to building
- Mayor Boutaris calls on parties to protect democracy against extremists
- Greek stocks ended flat in the Athens Stock Exchange on Monday