Fourlis Group reported an 1.4 pct increase in 2017 sales to 434.1 million euros from 428.1 million in the previous year.
Consolidated EBITDA rose 8.8 pct to 41.8 million euros, pre-tax earnings jumped 88.9 pct to 14.5 million euros and after tax and minorities earnings jumped 67 pct to 10 million euros in 2017.
The IKEA business reported sales of 291.3 million euros in 2017, unchanged from 2016. Sales in Greece fell 4.5 pct but rose 9.8 pct in other countries. EBITDA was 31 million euros (29.1 million in 2016), while pre-tax earnings jumped to 13.8 million euros from 7.0 million. IKEA operates seven stores, five in Greece, one in Cyprus and one in Sofia Bulgaria.
The Intersport business reported a 4.6 pct increase in sales to 142.7 million euros in 2017. EBITDA was unchanged at 11.9 million euros while pre-tax earnings eased to 1.9 million euros from 2.3 million in 2016. Fourlis operates 127 retail sport stores. Intersport has 50 stores in Greece, 29 in Romania, 23 in Turkey, seven in Bulgaria and four in Cyprus. It also has 12 The Athlete’s Foot stores in Greece and two in Turkey.
- Potami: Top court ruling on religion teaching in schools is ‘jump backwards’
- Former head of PPC, Mytilineos Group owner to face kickbacks-for-contracts charges
- Migration minister to start tour of islands receiving refugees and migrants on Thursday
- Main opposition leader charges gov’t of diplomatic inadequacy in foreign affairs
- Greece’s 21 most sustainable companies for 2017