Public Power Corporation (PPC) on Wednesday said it expected an increase in hydroelectric power production soon because of recent high rainfall combined with the melting of snow and the very high –for the season- water reserves in the country.
PPC said water reserves operated by PPC amounted to 2,835 Gwh, up 22 pct compared with the average levels of the 2015-2017 period (around 2,316 Gwh). The electricity utility said it would cooperate with ADMIE, the independent electricity energy transmission operator, in order to implement a necessary increase in hydroelectric production
- Potami: Top court ruling on religion teaching in schools is ‘jump backwards’
- Former head of PPC, Mytilineos Group owner to face kickbacks-for-contracts charges
- Migration minister to start tour of islands receiving refugees and migrants on Thursday
- Main opposition leader charges gov’t of diplomatic inadequacy in foreign affairs
- Greece’s 21 most sustainable companies for 2017