National Bank of Greece is expanding its digital branch network and recently inaugurated its new i-bank store in the Athens Metro Mall, the sixth branch of this kind (it operates another two in Athens, two in Thessaloniki and one in Larisa).
In an announcement, National Bank said the i-bank store is an innovative multi-purpose e-banking services store, equipped with state-of-the-art technology offering all e-bank services (Internet banking, Mobile banking, Phone banking, ATM, APS and i-bankPay).
National Bank officials said transactions via alternative networks are rising steadily in Greece, continuing a trend which began 2.5 years ago with the imposition of capital controls in the country. Active internet banking customers in Greece exceed 2.5 million currently, while the active customers of mobile banking have reached 1.0 million. These numbers are expected to continue rising in 2018, bank executives said.
- Free tours to the world-famous Antikythira shipwreck at Aik. Laskaridis Foundation
- Police arrest three after high-speed car chase, confiscate 1.5 kilos heroin
- Sale of minority stakes in water utilities to begin by August
- Mogherini expresses full support towards Greece, Cyprus over Turkish provocations
- Former PASOK MP Dimitris Lintzeris sues protected witnesses in Novartis case