Pharmathen on Tuesday announced the signing of a partnership agreement in principle for the purchase of a majority share by BC Partners. In an announcement, Pharmathen said that the Katsos family will remain in the Group with a significant equity stake and will retain management.
BC Partners is a leading investment company, with an investment capital under management at around 13 billion euros. It was founded in 1986 and has developed into one of the leading companies in acquisitions, investing largely in large companies in Europe and the US, through its network with branch offices in London, Paris, Hamburg and New York.
Pharmathen focuses on research, development and production of generic pharmaceuticals. It was founded in 1969 and has developed a customer base of more than 180 international accredited customers. Its workforce totals more than 1,000, working in three state-of-the-art laboratories and two production units.
Nikos Stathopoulos, Managing Partner of BC Partners, said: “We are particularly pleased with the partnership with the founders and managing group of Pharmathen, for the further enhancing of the group’s growth through investing in research, creating new products, expanding its international presence and acquisitions in the constantly developing sector of generics, in which Pharmathen is a European leader”.
Vasilios Katsos, chairman of Pharmathen said: “With this deal, Pharmathen fortifies its already strong base, opening new prospects for the Group. Our goal is to create an international pharmaceutical group, with its heart “beating” in Greece”.
- Potami says SYRIZA must 'end absurdity' of MPs being both the government and the opposition
- ECB's Draghi hints that Greece may qualify for QE once in programme
- Eurogroup approves launch of talks on three-year ESM bailout for Greece
- Federation of Hellenic Enterprises expects gradual loosening of liquidity conditions in the country
- Lafazanis: 'We support the government wholeheartedly, but we disagree with memorandums'